Bonnie Marks chaired the panel and we each presented an overview of how our schools were implementing 1:1 and the impact it has made on learning and teaching so far.
This Google presentation (below) was worked on in our own time zones and is what we each spoke to when it was our turn to present.
The panel responses to a question about some of best things that've come out of moving to 1:1...
- Stakeholder involvement, in particular parents
- Huge kid engagement across the board. Working at more times of day.
- Where teachers used it well there was significant lift in outcomes (but not all used it well).
- Secondary kids are feeling much more self directed. Completing course work more quickly.
- Need buy in from students. In some schools students only wanted laptops if everyone was doing it (didn't want to be a 'geek' group!)