The title I was given to speak to was "One School's Journey" with the explanation, "We are in the exit year of our cluster, so we'd like you to speak about the journey you've been on - where you've come from and where you're at". The school journey spans my 18 years at Pt England School in Auckland including; being specialist ICT teacher from 1998 - 2003, Cluster facilitator for the Pt England ICTPD Cluster and currently facilitator for the Maniakalani EHSAS Cluster.
Following are some of the links I am speaking about:
Student presentation (where we are at now)
- TVOne Close Up clip
- P.E.N.N. - the Pt England News Network, including sample 'news' item
- Room 9's P.E.N.N. item - Ria Tuala is the teacher
- schoolTV - community television
- Rock our World video conferences
- Leoden's blog about Will Smith
- Josh Klein's Ted Talk interview
- Links to class blogs and individual student blogs
- Tanielu's blog
- KPE - Korero Pt England
- Podcast eFellow research paper on KPE - "The Lure of Podcasting"
- Room 1 Voice Thread
"Will this contribute to raising student achievement outcomes AND provide a 21st century education experience?".
- Introducing the school - Youtube clip
- Authentic Audience - blogged thoughts
- sisomo - Kevin Robert's website
- More about the Hook - Manaiakalani
- eLearning planning process
- Rubrics - some samples from Year 4, Juanita Garden
- More about Literacy Cycles
- Foundations for eLearning
Staying together as a cluster: "Art Alive"
New Zealand Curriculum
Mr Winkle video
I hope that this has stimulated some useful ideas for you and informed your thinking!
And hi to everyone who was present today.